Orphan Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orphan Black

I've now seen 7 episodes of the 10 in Season 1. I'm enjoying it a lot even though there are great big holes in the story. And in Episode 7 they wandered around my University for a while, so that was cool. In the snow! You never get to see Toronto in the snow.
    "Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian will bring you the right one." Neil Gaiman

I adore Orphan Black. There are some things you have to overlook for everything to work, but I was so dazzled by the fact that I would forget it was the same actress playing all the parts. Plus I love Fee and Allison. Hilarious!
    Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

There is a lot they obviously shrug their shoulders and say "Yeah, it makes no sense, we'll just go with it anyway." But then even they are hardly alone in that. Agents of Shield has some pretty big plot holes too.
      And yeah, she's amazing. I spend some times trying to figure out what she is doing to make a character different
      "Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian will bring you the right one." Neil Gaiman

Comment

I love orphan black. I just watched the first episode of the new season. She does such a good job being all the different girls.
        Try chatting with a cranky hamburger
        sigpic

Queen Wiggs, "Original Headhugger Extraordinaire"

Comment

I am confused about one thing. In the episode Rachael comments on the recent Supreme Court ruling about genetic patents and I thought they ruled you can't patent them. Am I wrong about that? And if I'm not, why would a bio-tech company take credit for that kind of ruling? (Unless they're pretending they're for a free market, um, kind of thing.)
          Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

i thought they were saying you can patent them.
            sigpic

Comment

Hrm. Now I gotta google.

OK. I see. They said you couldn't patent naturally occuring DNA. http://boingboing.net/2013/06/17/mak...confusing.html But you can patent "complimentary" DNA. (No, I don't know what that is but I'm guessing that Sarah and the other clones are chock full of that.
              Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

but not kira
                sigpic

Comment

Just starting the Season two premiere and the scene in the restaurant in the rain is just up the street from me. NYPinta , you walk by it everytime you go to your car!
                  Last edited by Lioness; 05-10-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Really! Is it the one that took out the lamp posts?
                    Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

I'm one episode behind - hoping to watch this last one maybe tomorrow night. I find that I put off watching it - it is so unrelenting. But then I really get caught up in the ep.

Comment

I *constantly* have to remind myself that this is the same actress. She's AMAZING.

I love this show. Love it. Started out (unsurpringly) disliking Alison, but she's won my heart. And then when Tatiana recently played Helena and Sarah playing off each other in the shower - I was stunned. She's able to make these supremely troubled women so differentiated, and so lovable.

There are things I wish they hadn't sorta sloughed off - like getting Fee and Sarah back together after Fee's big farewell, or Sarah's explanation of It All to Art, but these are nitpicks.

One thing they did *so well* in the first season is show the clones as a dysfunctional family/support group almost immediately - emotionally very complex & subtle, and they did it so smoothly. I hope they keep that up, because the Crazy Clone Sisterhood in action is fascinating...

One thing that surprised me is that the horribly-wonderful musical "Blood Ties" actually pre-existed - though they had the creators trash it up a bit for OB.

So good.

Comment

yes I was very not surprised but disappointed she was not nominated for any of the big awards. There are a lot of shows that get ignored there
                          sigpic

Comment

I do wish we could have seen the conversation as Sarah explains to Art that they're clones. But I think he put a lot of it together himself anyhow so maybe they figured it'd be anticlimactic? But I think I saw Vic in the preview for next week with Allison so hahahahahahaha.... oh my that'll be interesting.

I've said elsewhere that as much as I adore this show, they better not make Cal someone that is in on the secret or an operative of the Dyad Institute because then I'll have to call shenanigans. Only one person in Sarah's life from before all of this should have a connection, IMO. And Mrs. S is it.

I'm angry a Paul, I feel bad for Paul.
                            Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

I think paul is mixed up in something else, other than the dyad
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X