Agents of SHIELD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agents of SHIELD

I just watched the bridge episode. Overall I like it but man are they miswriting Skye. I understand that they want her to be the point of view for less comic-savvy fans, but they're giving her the stupidest stuff to say. When she was talking to Mike, a guy she knew before and who she lived through his kidnapping of her before and knew why he did it and who has just told her again that he's doing all this stuff for his son, she asked "Are you close?". Well, fucking duh. It was the worst place possible to put that question.

There was another stupid remark in that ep but I've forgotten it thank goodness.

I swear though sometimes I think there are moments that the network insists on because they don't think the audience is smart enough to understand without it being broadcast with a neon sign. Like the slo-mo smiles at the end of the pilot to indicate that Ward shot Mike with the sleepy time gun. And having Skye ask questions she should already know the answer to. It just feels like notes and interference.
    Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

I like it but i agree sky is not developed or written well. After watching arrow on the cw it made me like shield less however because i thought arrow was a comic show done really well, but ive always DC better or seen it as more dramatic which is the style i prefer.
      Try chatting with a cranky hamburger
      sigpic

Queen Wiggs, "Original Headhugger Extraordinaire"

Comment

She could've said "yeah, you guys are so close" or something like that and it wouldn't have been so jarring. It's just stupid shit.

I will say that Tuesday's ep was written and structured much much better. Not surprising since one of the writers was a Lost alum.

Comment

I watch the show but I still can?t say I really like it. Skye is one reason for that, but the other characters are mostly "meh" as well.I liked Mike more than 90% of the main cast, guess that says everything.
          *~* You love Buffy? And you love to eat? Also you like doing things for charity? Then buy the Bronzer`s cookbook:
          It has tons of cool recipes of the Bronzers and various Buffy VIPs like Amber Benson and David Fury
          and all the proceeds of it go to the Make A Wish Foundation! Happy cooking! *~*

Firefly music project

Comment

I liked Skye in this latest one- they actually gave her good stuff to do. Just sitting in front of a computer is hardly riveting action.
            And Coulson's story was great.
            "Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian will bring you the right one." Neil Gaiman

Comment

Anyone else note that
              Spoiler:

Donnie's rivals name was Allie Hannigan?

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
              DragonCave

Comment

Ha! No, I hadn't noticed that.

Good episode. Really good.
                Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

I've really liked the last two episodes. I like the show and all the characters especially now that we're seeing more of them as a team, but it still doesn't quite seem like a Joss show. Maybe because he's not involved on a day-to-day basis? Not sure but it's a show I would watch, regardless of who's involved in the writing/directing/producing.
                  Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Queen Wiggs Rank: Knight of the Procrastinating Prognostication
                  Goners Fire Witch and Playhouse Tara

Comment

The actress that plays Skye was on Jimmy Kimmel the other night and she told this story about when she was 15 she went to Japan and did a pop song over there and it had a video with really bad dancing in it and she said that "Joss, the producer" loves to make fun of her for it every time she sees him. For some reason that makes me like Skye a little bit more thinking of Joss standing off camera doing the dumb dance move from her teenaged overseas video while she's trying to act.
                    Last edited by NYPinTA; 01-23-2014, 01:49 PM.
                    Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

I loved that bit, too. I went and looked up the video on YouTube. It's pretty much as bad as she made out.
                      Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Queen Wiggs Rank: Knight of the Procrastinating Prognostication
                      Goners Fire Witch and Playhouse Tara

Comment

Yeah, on twitter Whedonesque aka Simon tweeted a link to it. I couldn't watch all of it. And it wasn't that long ago - she is still very young - 21 or something? And I'm glad to hear that Joss is paying some attention to the show. Not sure I could tell that though.
                        "Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian will bring you the right one." Neil Gaiman

Comment

I wonder if he's there, but trying not to interfere with the story telling aspect out of respect for his brother and sister-in-laws artistic vision...?

But she doesn't look like she's changed a whole lot from that video, no. It could have been made just last year.
                          Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

Glad I?m not the only one who thinks Joss `touch is sorta often missing. It doesn?t have a Joss like feel to me.
                            *~* You love Buffy? And you love to eat? Also you like doing things for charity? Then buy the Bronzer`s cookbook:
                            It has tons of cool recipes of the Bronzers and various Buffy VIPs like Amber Benson and David Fury
                            and all the proceeds of it go to the Make A Wish Foundation! Happy cooking! *~*

Firefly music project

Comment

It was, in my opinion, with Mike's speech in the first episode and Coulson's insistence that everyone mattered. Not so much after that.
                              Sucker for Stucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X