Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who

No new season for Tennant's Time Lord in 2010 -- he quits after next year's movies.

I know who the new Who is -- but I'm sworn to secrecy!
    ~~~~~oOo~~~~~

Comment

Tease!
      Playhouse Anya

Comment

Only joking - I really don't have a clue who'll be the new Doctor! He (or she) will have a hard act to follow.....

Steven Moffat is taking over running the show from Russell T Davies - which worries me a little as he almost too perfect a replacement.

I think the triumphant return of Who to our screens in recent years has been one of the happiest events in TV.
        ~~~~~oOo~~~~~

Comment

Yes it is... and you're still a tease.
          Playhouse Anya

Comment

there was this update on David's fan page on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readup...id=16178305388

It will all be good there are plenty of tallented actors to play the doctor.
            ''I perpetuate the rumour that I am evil,
            There is someone always telling me the end is nigh,
            And I know when you are on land there is less than a plank of wood between you and certain death.
            I'm comfortable with accepting these three outcomes as truths, the question is do you remember that I do?"

Comment

Aw... I can't see it without logging in and I don't have an account.
              Playhouse Anya

Comment

Speculation is rife as to who will follow David Tennant in guiding the TARDIS and wielding the sonic screwdriver - I feel that all the most likely names put forward would have something good to offer in the part. I don't really have a preference, I'd prefer just to wait and see......but I would like to mention a few names myself just so their names get "in the frame" too -

Firstly, one of the best actors I've ever seen; Alex Jennings

He could be the Doctor as a charming chameleon with a sinister edge or - well, or anything he pleased, he's just such a brilliant actor. Anything is better for him being in it.

Next - I know, I know people (including Russell Davies and Steve Moffat) say we aren't ready, but I think we'd all secretly like to see a woman Doctor and Alex Kingston has already shown she can fit into the Whoniverse quite magnificently - plus great voice and mad eyes...what more do you need?

Or Toby Stephens as a brooding, Byronic Doctor -

Or Anthony Head (no picture needed - no explanation either)!

Or Daniel Craig - if he wanted to leave the tired old Bond franchise and do something better with his career.
                ~~~~~oOo~~~~~

Comment

Thank you silvius... wonderful selection to imagine with. A female Doctor! I am grin at the prospect.

JH, I've liked Robert Carlyle since Hamish Macbeth and thought him very entertaining in Formula 51.
                  Playhouse Anya

Comment

It'll probably be someone I've never heard of, someone more local than international. I'd never heard of either CE or DT before they started. Doubt they'll get someone who's already a success in American movies unless they're really big fans. People are saying Moffat wants someone younger so they can handle all the action.

Comment

Originally posted by silvius View Post
                      Only joking - I really don't have a clue who'll be the new Doctor! He (or she) will have a hard act to follow.....

Steven Moffat is taking over running the show from Russell T Davies - which worries me a little as he almost too perfect a replacement.

I think the triumphant return of Who to our screens in recent years has been one of the happiest events in TV.

i met and got moffat's autpgrap hehehehe
                      Try chatting with a cranky hamburger
                      sigpic

Queen Wiggs, "Original Headhugger Extraordinaire"

Comment

Originally posted by cabr1729 View Post
                        It'll probably be someone I've never heard of, someone more local than international. I'd never heard of either CE or DT before they started. Doubt they'll get someone who's already a success in American movies unless they're really big fans. People are saying Moffat wants someone younger so they can handle all the action.
                        Yeah, us old folks......

I really want a carrot top.... it would be cool... who did i see recently who stole the show..... arggg I'm so terrible with names.

You know who would be super hot Karl urban.... but If he'd move from NYC... I KNOW he'd do it he's such a geek.
                        And I know when you are on land there is less than a plank of wood between you and certain death.
                        I'm comfortable with accepting these three outcomes as truths, the question is do you remember that I do?"

Comment

It is that darkness that makes me love the doctor....
                          however in the current climate... I'm thinking that there need to be a little more light in the world... people are jumping in front of trains as it is F**ers messing with my travel plans.
                          Kids pick up on that kind of latent depression, and essentally the Doctor is all about hope, and the billience that can me born from adversity. Well to me anyhow.

Comment

The advantage of being evil... no need to pretend to be compassionate to the inconsiderates who choose to be selfish in the way that is the most inconvenent to others... if it is cry for help.. pick up the phone... if not .. it sucks..

All power too you for trying to help people out, good for you.

I'd be useless at it, I'd do it, and stop waisting reasorces that someone who has some gumption could use, oh by the way are you a donor?

compassion somthing I don't understand.... hence the beeing evil.

Comment

Hard to ignore... you sound like you're hurting.
                              Bad Horse's Hoof Trimmer

~Playhouse Joyce and Andrew
                              ~

Comment

Working...
                              X